Emperor keeps telling whoppers
“So [my opponents'] basic story is: America’s working class, America’s middle class — families like yours — have been victimized by a big, bloated federal government run by a bunch of left-wing elitists like me. And the government is taking your hard-earned tax dollars and it’s giving them to freeloaders and welfare cheats. And we’re strangling business with endless regulations. And this federal government is letting immigrants and foreigners steal whatever jobs Obamacare hasn’t killed yet.”Obama also boasted of cutting “unemployment in half, years before a lot of economists thought we would.” But in the real America--the nation outside the Beltway--you can see boarded-up buildings and talk to people who have given up looking for work.
According to the emperor's administration the unemployment rate is 4.7 percent. But a year ago in February, Gallup CEO Jim Clifton said his polls showed unemployment running nearly double the then-reported official figure of 5.6 percent. “The official unemployment rate is extremely misleading,” he wrote, lambasting the media, the White House and even Wall Street for “the big lie.”
Then later--astonishingly--he retracted his statement on CNBC, saying the government was right and “I need to make that very, very clear so that I don’t suddenly disappear. I need to make it home tonight.”
The president’s speech in Elkhart was so full of whoppers that it’s a wonder lightning didn’t strike him on the spot. Here are more, most of which need no comment:
• “I’m going to start with the biggest myth, which is that the federal government keeps growing and growing and growing, and wasting your money and giving your tax dollars to people who don’t deserve it.”
• “Today, the average family’s health insurance premium is $2,600 less than it would have been if premiums had kept on going up at the pace before Obamacare.”
The laughably mis-named Affordable Care Act canceled millions of perfectly good health insurance policies, and forced the millions whose policies were so cancelled to buy new, more expensive policies with huge deductibles. Meanwhile 13 of 23 Obamacare state "health co-ops" have failed, costing taxpayers billions of dollars. The rest are on life support.
• “Right now the number of people trying to cross our border illegally is near its lowest level in 40 years.”
Bullshit. Illegal entries are up 50 percent in the last two years alone.
• “Immigrants pay a lot more in taxes than they receive in services.”
• “Middle-class families have paid lower federal income tax rates during my presidency than during any other time since the 1950s.”
If the middle class has it so good, how do you explain this next statement?
“Let’s face it — a lot of Americans don’t have retirement savings. They’re just barely paying the bills.”
Could that be because government is confiscating so much?