August 03, 2010

Tales of government-run health care, part 23,455

Sometimes, it just gets too weird for words:
A 32-year-old took the needle into his hands when he got tired of waiting in the ER of the local hospital, and sewed up a bad cut in his leg himself.

The man--identified only as Jonas--cut his leg on the sharp edge of a kitchen stove in his home.

"I first went to the health clinic, but it was closed. So I rang the medical help line and they told me it shouldn't have been closed, so I went to the Emergency Room and sat there," he said.

After waiting an hour, he lost patience and proceeded to sew up his own wound.

"They had set out a needle and thread, so I decided to take matters into my own hands," he said.

But hospital staffers were not impressed by his initiative and reported the man to police for having used hospital equipment without authorization.

Okay, this happened in Sweden--but it's sure as hell the absolutely predictable future of the United States under the Democrats' "new improved" government-run health care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home