December 27, 2019

Leftist writer for leftist cesspool claims "Merry Christmas" is a conservative code for "F-you." Seriously

Leftists are so insane as to be beyond parody.  Example is a creature named Amanda Marcotte, who writes for the leftist cesspool Salon. 

As you could easily have guessed, Amanda not only hates Christmas, she also claims to believe that anyone who says "Merry Christmas" to her is not only doing it out of pure cruelty, but that the phrase is actually barely-dsiguised code for "F you."  Seriously.  Here's what she wrote:
I saw yet another example of this when I wrote an article last month expressing sadness about feeling alienated from the Christmas spirit [she's being sarcastic],at a time when many members of my own family support a president who has repeatedly suggested that people like me should be imprisoned or even murdered.

The reaction I got from conservatives was not a message of Christian charity or compassion for my suffering.... Instead, the reaction was a concentrated effort to increase my pain as much as possible, and ideally to inflict emotional harm on a scale that might cause serious damage to my mental health
And how does she claimed the eeebil Christians tried to increase her pain and damage her mental health?  [Way too late with that one.]  It's almost too awful to write about:  They wished her "Merry Christmas"!  Really.  Read on:

The principal harassment strategy was to track me down on social media, even on my Instagram feed, and flood it with "Merry Christmas" messages — from white male strangers — to taunt me for my personal grief.

It's particularly interesting that this was the weapon of choice. These people are taking what they supposedly believe is the birth celebration of their lord and savior and using it as a hurtful weapon. Is that the behavior of people who have genuine faith in Jesus' message of mercy and kindness, or the behavior of people who use "Christianity" as an instrument of domination over others they see as inferior?
Oh you bet--Christians use their faith as an instrument of domination.  Uh-huh.  Really.

My experience is hardly unique.  Stirred by years of Fox News lying to viewers and telling them that liberals are somehow trying to take Christmas away, conservatives have increasingly embraced the phrase "Merry Christmas" to mean, basically, "F**k you" to anyone that they've deemed less than legitimate Americans.
Oh, certainly, cupcake.  Nothing says "Us progressives are NOT hostile to Christmas" more than screaming that someone saying "Merry Christmas" to ya is actually meaning "F**k you."  Perfectly reasonable.

If Marcotte were less insane I'd suggest trying psychotherapy.  But I have no doubt that Marcotte would regard any helpful suggestion as simply...how did she phrase it?  Oh yes:  "a concentrated effort to increase my pain as much as possible." 

Hang in there, Amanda.  Don't let those hurtful wishes of "Merry Christmas" get ya down.

Say, I wonder if this snowflake would react better to "Bless your heart"?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home