July 16, 2013

Black professor says God is "a white racist with a problem."

You really should see this.  It's a blog post by one "Anthea Butler," who reportedly is an associate professor of...religion...at the University of Pennsylvania.

Unless this was sarcasm, I get the strong impression this Butler person is sick, twisted, miserable, jealous and just plain nuts.  Her fundamental premise is that God is...well, let her speak for herself:
God ain’t good all of the time. In fact, sometimes, God is not for us. As a black woman in a nation that has taken too many pains to remind me that I am not a white man, and am not capable of taking care of my reproductive rights, or my voting rights, I know that this American god ain’t my god. As a matter of fact, I think he’s a white racist god with a problem. More importantly, he is carrying a gun and stalking young black men.
So "God ain't good all of the time", eh?  Could it just possibly be, darlin', that God is the very definition of good, and the problem is that you're too damn twisted and demented to understand what he wants from us?

You say you think He is "a white racist god with a problem"?  Logic would suggest that if God is all-powerful and the definition of good, then if there's a problem, its source is staring back at you from the mirror.

And this twisted wretch is a professor of...religion??  Wow, that explains SO much!

Utterly nuts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home