December 21, 2021

CNN "fact checker" begins to experience "cognitive dissonance" as he starts to realize the Party Line was, um....

Chris Cillizza works at CNN, supposedly as a "fact checker."  He's about as good at this as the "fact checkers" for Fakebook and Twatter-- which is to say, "Facts are whatever we say they are, today."

Chris has faithfully toed the Party Line about "You MUST get vaxxed, and a booster!" from day one.  But yesterday it finally began to dawn on Chris that just maybe the vaccines didn't actually prevent the vaxxed from getting duh Chyna virus after all!  Even more shocking, he began to suspect that just maybe vaxxed people could still transmit duh virus to others!

See, Chris gets paid to "check facts," and he seems to have realized that there were a few hundred facts out there that he's been...overlooking.  Here are his words:
I've been thinking a lot about why the latest surge has hit me so hard and I think it's because I have been fooling myself -- to some extent -- for the last 18 months

I told myself that the reason to get vaccinated (and boosted) was a) to avoid serious illness if I got Covid and b) to keep myself from passing the virus along to my mom (and other more vulnerable people)

That was what all the experts said the vaccine did. It lessened our chances of severe infection, hospitalization and death.

Uh, Chris?  You might wanna do some actual, y'know, fact checking on that, because until September 1st of this year the CDC said a "vaccine" was something that "prevented people from catching a disease."  But when critics began to point out the huge number of "breakthrough cases" of the virus in vaxxed people, the CDC very quietly--even stealthily--changed the definition of a "vaccine."

So by the original, long-accepted definition, Fauci and the CDC and FDA were implicitly claiming the vax would keep you from getting the virus.  Not just "lessened our chances of severe infection."

But, deep down, I think I believed that being vaccinated (and boosted) would keep me from getting Covid-19 AT ALL.

Why? Not sure, honestly. But I spent the better part of a year waiting for a vaccine and doing everything I could to keep my family from getting the virus. It's hard to just turn that switch off.

I think that's why yesterday -- when it felt like every person I knew was either being diagnosed with Covid or had been exposed to it -- hit me so hard.

Because the reality is -- and has always been even if I didn't realize it -- that the vaccines don't, really, prevent you from getting the virus. Or, at least, they don't guarantee it won't happen.

He writes "Deep down, I think I believed that being vaccinated and boosted would keep me from getting Covid AT ALL."  But he says he's not sure why he believed that.  Gosh, Chrissy, evidently you never saw any of the dozens of times porridge-brain jabbed his finger at the cameras and growled "If you get the vaccine you can't get Covid."  I'm sure your own employer has footage of every time biden said it, but if they've deleted those I'd be happy to send you copies.  If you'd care to do any actual, y'know, "fact checking."

As many of you have probably already guessed, Chris's narrative shows him to be experiencing an unsettling, disorienting psychological process called "cognitive dissonance:"  It's when someone experiences something that contradicts a belief they've strongly held for awhile.  It's been compared to a mild state of shock.

In this case Chris claims he's "not sure" why he believed the vax would keep him (and everyone else) from getting the virus, but he actually does know--because he watched porridge-brain jab his finger and growl "If you get the vaccine you can't get Covid!"  And being a good Democrat, naturally he'd believe claims by the head of his Party.

Now the fun begins:  What do you think the odds are that Chris will realize the leaders of his party, and their agents (Fauci, Walensky, Francis Collins et al) are running a huge scam, and will suddenly go with the "new" experience?  Or will he defy his new information and stay with his role as a loyal apparatchik for the Dem party?

Anyone wanna bet?

H/T Ace of Spades.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home